Simplifying health-based cleaning
LAST UPDATED 2021-01-31
Disclaimer: The following list is subject to change, as I learn more. Learning more means I’m continually researching and field-testing new products. Sometimes adopting new products faster than I can list them here. So check back here every few months for any potential changes.
Products I clean with on the job
My basic go-to’s
- Multi-surface cleaner. 3/7/19 update: I’m increasingly using dish liquid in place of the castile soap I’d used for years. In my current clients’ greasy homes, dish liquid seems the least-toxic product that works— or at least the brands I’m trying. I dilute it way down, in refillable spray bottles.
- Dish liquid. For greasy dishes of course. 3/7/19 update: I’m researching and field-testing different brands— currently Ecover Zero, and Seventh Generation Free and Clear.
- Vinegar. Spectrum Organic Distilled White Vinegar is my fav. Handy for non-greasy surfaces, and rinsing baking soda. Made from beets.
- Baking soda. My go-to scouring powder— any brand that’s handy. I often use baking soda with castile soap. Discover my simple tricks that make baking soda actually work!
- Scouring powder. When I need something stronger than baking soda, Bon Ami Powder Cleanser is my back-up.
After researching and field-testing laundry and pets solutions, I’m using the following on the job, as well.
- Laundry products. Green Shield Organic Laundry Detergent, 365 Stain Remover, and liquid non-chlorine bleach. Links coming!
- For pet accidents. I’m using BioKleen BacOut Stain and Odor Remover.
- I’ll add more here as needed!
Products I use sometimes
Please note: The following products are subject to change. I’m always researching to find less toxic products. And field-testing.
- 3% Hydrogen peroxide is my go-to disinfectant.
- Seventh Generation Disinfecting Multi-Surface Cleaner disinfects when peroxide can’t be used.
- Dr. Bronner’s Sal Suds, for extra-serious grease.
Yours FREE— How to Make Baking Soda and Vinegar Actually Work! When you sign up for my email list. You can hit “unsubscribe” at any time.Get my FREE gift For Email Marketing you can trust.